If you’re looking for a fabulous scallops recipe, look no further. This recipe for pan seared scallops with curried lemon butter with rock your socks off.
The curry is very mild, but has just enough presence to give you a familiar Indian flavor. The best part, it takes less than ten minutes to make. No fancy prepping, no super messy kitchen. One pan. That’s all it takes.
Growing up in Alabama, I had access to really great Gulf seafood. When I lived in Mobile, my friends and I would often go to the causeway and have our pick at any of the multiple seafood restaurants along the bay. I’m a shrimp and crab girl, but scallops are definitely delicious. And they are so low maintenance.
Serve these scallops with some greens, or heck, even some grits. Shrimp and grits is delicious. I bet scallops and grits is also delicious. Can you tell I’m a Southern gal? To keep along with the curry theme, I ended up serving the scallops with some toor dal and roti.
I think anything you choose to serve with the scallops would be good. Even some mashed potatoes or some asparagus. Yum!
- 1 lb Sea Scallops, Sustainable preferably
- 1 1/2-2 tsp curry powder
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the hard muscle from the scallops. Rinse and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of ghee in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Place scallops in pan. Saute for two minutes each side. Remove the scallops and set aside.
- Reduce heat and the remaining ghee and also add the curry powder and lemon juice.
- Simmer for one minute.
- Return the scallops back to the pan and coat the scallops with the sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Add a little white wine to the sauce if you want to get super fancy 🙂