Indian Style Pizza is a fun way to spice up everyday pizza. Use Zesteez Tomato Chunky Chutney for the sauce, and you’ll have an Indian flavor in each bite. #SavorEverySpoonful
Everybody loves pizza. Right? RIGHT?!? I thought so. If you don’t love pizza, I don’t trust your judgment, and we likely won’t ever be friends. It’s harsh, I know. I just don’t need that negativity in my life.
My boyfriend loves pizza. It’s one of the things I love about him, and it’s something we bonded over when we were first getting to know each other. Once a week we’d order pizza and sit around and watch our favorite shows. It’s a tradition that we still have, almost three years later. I cherish those moments.
This post happens to be the second part of my Zesteez chutney review. If you remember, a couple of weeks ago I showed you how to make a quick Mango Chutney Chicken dinner using Mango Tango Chutney. Today I’m back with a simple Indian style pizza using Tomato Chunky Chutney.
I really love these chutneys. They taste fresh and homemade. You can really tell they were made with love and care using quality ingredients. I, being the pizza lover that I am, decided to try out the tomato chutney in a pizza. I wanted the pizza to be Indian style, without being too overwhelming. And it turned out perfect. The tomato chutney adds a really unique flavor as a base, without overpowering the rest of the ingredients. And, it was a hit with my boyfriend. I used fresh veggies such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I also made sure to load it with cheese. Actually, after it was finished I added another helping of cheese. You can’t have too much cheese on pizza. Use store bought dough, or make your own. Add your favorite ingredients, and that’s it.
- pizza dough - store bought or homemade
- cornmeal - if using homemade dough
- Zesteez Tomato Chunky Chutney
- Your favorite veggies, sliced
- Your favorite cheese
- Preheat your oven as high as it will go.
- If using homemade dough, sprinkle cornmeal on a clean surface. Using your hands, spread out the pizza dough in a round or rectangular shape.
- Transfer dough to pizza stone or heavy bottomed cookie sheet.
- Add as much or as little tomato chunky chutney as you like.
- Add cheese and veggies.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-12 minutes or until done.
- Check pizza at 8 minutes, if not done, check again every minute.
PS – Be on the lookout for an Indian Christmas giveaway Friday