This Easy Summer Cobb Salad is a nice way to enjoy a light lunch or dinner on a hot summer’s day. No need to heat up your house with an oven when you could have a delicious meal in no time using just a bowl and fresh veggies!
Thank you so much Whitney for letting me guest blog here today! My name is Paige, and I blog over at Where Latin Meets Lagniappe. I love to cook up tasty Southern-ish and Latin inspired recipes, and y’all I ADORE Whitney’s blog! Her recipes are nothing short of amazing, don’t you guys agree? And Whitney and I are both from the same part of the country…so we definitely have a taste for good Southern cooking every now and then!
- 10 ounces of chopped/torn Romaine lettuce, in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup of fresh cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup of canned yellow corn
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 3 boiled eggs, chopped small
- ¼ cup sweet pickles, chopped small
- 1 cup crumbled, crispy-cooked bacon
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- Salad dressing of choice
- Lay chopped Romaine leaves along the bottom of a medium salad bowl.
- Starting at the center, layer the tomatoes and cucumbers in two sections.
- Working outward from the center, layer the boiled eggs, the corn, the bleu cheese, and the crumbled bacon.
- Finish one edge with the sunflower seeds, and the other edge with the chopped pickles.
- Top with favorite dressing, and serve immediately.