This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SutterHomeForTheHolidays #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Pan Seared Lamb Chops with Red Wine Garlic Sauce makes the perfect holiday meal in no time. Ready in less than 20 minutes, your whole family can enjoy the taste of the holidays.
I have great memories of the holidays, especially the winter holidays. I remember being younger always looking forward to the Christmas lamb my grandfather would bring home from his work. He’d bring it specifically for me, because I was his favorite granddaughter, of course. I’d like to think he’s the reason I love lamb so much. I save lamb for special occasions, and the holidays are definitely special occasions. Special occasions call for special food and wine. I also remember my parents always keeping a bottle of wine in the house for company and family gatherings. Sutter Home is what they always had on hand. When I turned 21, Sutter Home was my first wine. It’s been my favorite choice of wine for a decade now. I can understood why my family always kept a bottle at home, and always brought a bottle to holiday dinners. It’s the perfect wine for bringing families and friends together.
When I lived in California, we went to Napa Valley and visited wineries. Sutter Home was one of them. Sutter Home Family Vineyards has been making award winning wines for 65 years now. Did you know that since 2004 they’ve received over 350 gold metals for their wine? If you’ve never been to Napa Valley, you should go. It’s beautiful.
Now that I’m an adult, I’m creating new memories with my family. I’ve introduced Sutter Home wines to K, and he loves their wine. Sutter Home is my go-to wine for special occasions, not only because of the consistent quality, but because of the affordable prices at a superior value. If you’re new to wine, I highly suggest trying out one of the many varietals they have. One of my favorites is Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon. It’s a lovely dry red wine, and it’s perfect for cooking and pairing with food.
Sutter Home’s Cabernet Sauvignon is especially great with lamb, which is why I used it in my pan seared lamb chops. I marinated the lamb chops in the wine, and then used it to make a sauce that spoons over the lamb chops. It even makes a great sauce for spooning over mashed potatoes. The best thing about this recipe, though, is that it’s ready in less than 20 minutes. The holidays always seem to put me in a rush. Decorating, shopping, running errands, etc. It’s nice to have a special meal that can be prepared quickly. And as always, special meals call for special wines. Enjoy!
Head on over to Sutter Home and check out all the different varietals of wine they have. There’s plenty to choose from, and there’s truly something for everyone! For other great holiday inspirations using Sutter Home, click here!
- 2 lbs Lamb Chops
- ¾ Cup Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
- ¼ Cup EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Oregano, chopped
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- ¾ Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Honey or Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Butter, optional
- 1 Tbsp EVOO, for sauteeing
- The night before, or at least 12 hours before cooking, mix all of the ingredients except for the lamb and sugar in a bowl. Pour the marinade into a gallon size freezer bag. Add the lamb. Mix and put in fridge to marinate.
- Remove the lamb chops from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Heat a heavy bottom skillet on medium high. Add the EVOO. Add the lamb chops to the pan, and saute for 3 minutes, then turn over and saute for 4 minutes. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Remove the lamb chops from the pan, and set on a plate. Add the marinade to the pan and bring to a rolling boil for 3-4 minutes. Simmer for another 4-5 min. Taste, and add butter if needed. Depending on how you like your red wine sauce, you can always add more butter and honey.
- Plate lamb chops and spoon the marinade over the chops.